shipped/be shipped
(时间太久无法回复)
Victor
2007-01-26 05:18:56 UTC
這陣子在美國的幾家網站上(一般的英文網頁,不是華人商店),買了些外
套,糖果等東西.由不同商家的e-mail通知中,發現了一個有趣的現象.

* All of your XXX order has shipped and will arrive shortly.

* We are pleased to inform you that the following item(s) have
shipped for order 12345678. You have now been charged for all
item(s) that shipped.

* We thought you would like to know that the following order has
been shipped.

* Your items will be shipped out promptly.

以上是原文copy+paste,前兩家 shipped 是主動式,後兩家 be shipped
是被動式.各位認為孰是孰非呢?原因又為何?

在下的猜測,當然原本應該是被動式才對.不過反正 ship 這個字原意是
船行,再轉為運送,所以說貨品正運行到消費者處,所以用主動也可以,
反正看的懂就好.

或者是說,其實有時候美國人沒那麼在意文法吧.....

☆ [Origin:椰林風情] [From: nat-public.ncnu.edu.tw] [Login: **] [Post: **]
MJ羅漢
2007-01-26 12:19:13 UTC
轉信站: KimoWebBBS!netnews.kimo.com.tw!news.cis.nctu!netnews.csie.nctu!news.ee.
Origin: bbs.ntu.edu.tw
這陣子在美國的幾家網站上(一般的英文網頁,不是華人商店),買了些外
套,糖果等東西.由不同商家的e-mail通知中,發現了一個有趣的現象.
* All of your XXX order has shipped and will arrive shortly.
* We are pleased to inform you that the following item(s) have
shipped for order 12345678. You have now been charged for all
item(s) that shipped.
* We thought you would like to know that the following order has
been shipped.
* Your items will be shipped out promptly.
以上是原文copy+paste,前兩家 shipped 是主動式,後兩家 be shipped
是被動式.各位認為孰是孰非呢?原因又為何?
在下的猜測,當然原本應該是被動式才對.不過反正 ship 這個字原意是
船行,再轉為運送,所以說貨品正運行到消費者處,所以用主動也可以,
反正看的懂就好.
或者是說,其實有時候美國人沒那麼在意文法吧.....
倒不是美國人不在意文法.
ship當及物動詞用時, 是裝運、遞送之意
ship當不及物動詞用時, 是上船、上貨車、上路之意.
因此, 這四句都對, 四句都可使用主動或被動, 只是語意略有差異而已.

--
※ Origin: 奇摩 大摩域 <http://bbs.kimo.com.tw/>
◆ From: 59.117.2.244
DJ

http://tinyurl.com/32byq5
Peacenik
2007-01-26 15:04:51 UTC
Post by Victor
這陣子在美國的幾家網站上(一般的英文網頁,不是華人商店),買了些外
套,糖果等東西.由不同商家的e-mail通知中,發現了一個有趣的現象.
* All of your XXX order has shipped and will arrive shortly.
* We are pleased to inform you that the following item(s) have
shipped for order 12345678. You have now been charged for all
item(s) that shipped.
* We thought you would like to know that the following order has
been shipped.
* Your items will be shipped out promptly.
以上是原文copy+paste,前兩家 shipped 是主動式,後兩家 be shipped
是被動式.各位認為孰是孰非呢?原因又為何?
在下的猜測,當然原本應該是被動式才對.不過反正 ship 這個字原意是
船行,再轉為運送,所以說貨品正運行到消費者處,所以用主動也可以,
反正看的懂就好.
或者是說,其實有時候美國人沒那麼在意文法吧.....
In my opinion, it should be "has been shipped". However, in shipping jargon,
the verb "ship" can behave differently from the way it does in standard
English usage. Thus many people who work in the shipping industry will say
"has shipped".
L***@kkcity.com.tw
2007-01-30 08:05:51 UTC
Post by Victor
這陣子在美國的幾家網站上(一般的英文網頁,不是華人商店),買了些外
套,糖果等東西.由不同商家的e-mail通知中,發現了一個有趣的現象.
* All of your XXX order has shipped and will arrive shortly.
* We are pleased to inform you that the following item(s) have
shipped for order 12345678. You have now been charged for all
item(s) that shipped.
* We thought you would like to know that the following order has
been shipped.
* Your items will be shipped out promptly.
以上是原文copy+paste,前兩家 shipped 是主動式,後兩家 be shipped
是被動式.各位認為孰是孰非呢?原因又為何?
在下的猜測,當然原本應該是被動式才對.不過反正 ship 這個字原意是
船行,再轉為運送,所以說貨品正運行到消費者處,所以用主動也可以,
反正看的懂就好.
或者是說,其實有時候美國人沒那麼在意文法吧.....
我覺得應該是這個字本身就有兩個意思, 主動和被動的意思, 字典是這樣寫的啦!!

英文還滿多這樣的字吧, 例如 sell,read, wear, carry, float, peel, print,...

中文也有這種現象喔!! 我們會說: 他"賣"了一本書給我,

也會說: 這本書"賣"得很好(應該用被動吧!但通常用主動)

所以結論是: 有些字可以同時有主被動的意思, 有些字只有主動的意思!!

如果這個字只有主動的意思, 要表達被動時, 就一定要用被動式!!

--
┌─────◆KKCITY◆─────┐ ◢ ╱  想要成立班系社團站台嗎?
│ bbs.kkcity.com.tw │ █▉ ─ KKcity即日起開放BBS站申請囉!